Monday, April 23, 2007


Despite all of this sudden bleakness

Despite the monotonous, slightly muted groan of asphalt under rubber and the eerie apparitions on the horizon that grow and grow until they become brilliant, split, and pass with a gust

Despite the absence of sounds

Despite the mind numbing sensibility of the dashboard

Despite the nowhere feeling that makes me forget where I am going

Despite the spinning feeling experienced while stopped at gas stations, exposed to eyes that may hold me pinned, for once still, motionless

I still feel above the trance-like routines, the sweaty grip on the wheel, the last-breath-huff of the air conditioner unwaveringly huffing on my face

tranced, myself, by the notion of finding you

above even myself, aside from the stationary hours spent speeding toward you

none of it is aimless

I am finding you

No comments: